New World Trading Company (collectively “we”, the “Company”, “New World” ) respect the privacy rights of visitors to the Company’s website and of individuals who participate in, access or sign up to any of the Company’s services or online content (collectively referred to as “Services”). We endeavor to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data shall be carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“PDPO”).
The term “personal data” shall have the meaning ascribed to it by PDPO.
A. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for:
- – identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- – Identity verification
- – enabling the provision of the Services and membership points to you
- – processing of implementation of contract, payment instructions or delivery in relation to the provision of paid services
- – processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
- – order processing, billing and fulfilment
- – direct marketing, promotion and surveying in relation to the Services
- – designing services for you
- – conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- – customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- – making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them
- – customising the Company’s website and its content to your particular preferences
- – provisioning of customer services
- – handling your complaints and account enquiries
- – fraud prevention and detection
- – auditing
- – any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
B. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include:
- – Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- – Your account details, including first and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
- – Personal information required for any paid services such as name, address, contact number and account details of the payer and the recipient; and
- – IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, inappropriate usage history, advertising identifier (when using mobile gadgets), and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device.
※ The above personal data applies to any updates in your personal information provided.
C. CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company does not transmit your personal information and contact information to any third party without your consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- – Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- – Company’s associated companies, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sale and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- – Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, academic research organizations, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- – Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place. All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
D. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE HONG KONG
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
E. ENTRUSTMENT OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
To improve our Services and facilitate our incidental business, the Company may entrust any third-party company to process personal data. As required by applicable laws, all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the appropriate processing of users’ personal data is regulated by the terms of the entrustment agreement and will be strictly followed.
F. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
G. DIRECT MARKETING
The Company intends to use the personal data collected from you in direct marketing and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. Your name, telephone number, email address, contact address, social media contact, products and service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, browsing records, content viewing habits, and personal interest held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services.
We may contact you by mail, telephone, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or an unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data without charge to you.
Upon receipt of your request for subscription cancellation, we shall stop sending you any promotional materials. When we first send you promotional materials, we shall indicate its promotional nature and the contact details of the sender.
- – recognise you whenever you visit this website
- – obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet
- – keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- – carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
- – target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
- – make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- – enable tighter security
I. LINKS AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
Users enjoy the rights in respect of their personal data held by organizations. At the same time, users have the obligations to protect their own personal data as well as others’.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any user generated content submitted are free from falsification, damage or elimination. However, if the User Content includes any material that may be illegal, defamatory, obscene, offensive, harmful to the safety of any person, aimed at harassing any person or otherwise is inappropriate for display on our site, the Company reserves the right to remove related content. Users of our website should be liable to all User Content submitted.
We shall not be liable to you for any problems resulting from the provision of inaccurate information. The Company reserves the right at our sole discretion to suspend membership of users who steal others’ information or provide false information. You agree to be held liable for any voluntary provision of personal information. We shall not be liable to you for mistakes that are not resulting from us. You warrant that you will make efforts to avoid the leak of membership information such as personal password, and you will not infringe or harm others’ personal information and rights.
J. DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION
New World Trading Company
Address: 2/F Philip House, No.5 Kimberley Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Email: [email protected]
The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
K. AMENDMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
We will announce on our website if any Third-Party Service Providers engaged by us are given the right to access your personal information.
Last Updated: dd/mm/yyyy
Date of implementation: dd/mm/yyyy